And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Power

Father, let your Spirit be powerful in me, remind me daily of the Spirit’s presence in my life, let it overflow in me, let it’s power replace my spirit’s weakness. Father, bring me out of my darkness with your mighty hand, using your power to overthrow the damage caused by my sin, reminding me that I am not mighty or established, that I am what you allow me to be, that with your power you will return to right the wrongs of this world. Your power has no equal and your enemies no chance for victory. Thank you for the wisdom and counsel of your words, for the salvation found in your mercy and grace, for your victory over sin and death and for your patience with me. Father, teach me of your power and how to use my position to proclaim it to the world, making all of your wisdom known to me by your word that I may speak the good news without shame and to accept the humility that comes with my testimony. How awesome are your works Lord, let me proclaim the power that you offer freely to your people, let the burden be mine to proclaim your power to the next generation, all praise be to the owner of all wisdom and power. Father, bind me to your power and do not let me loose because it is your arm around me that holds me close and provides the rest I cannot find in my own wisdom. Keep me strong for your purposes. Remind me that this world was created by you and you are in control, that the evidence of your power is in your creation, that I can rest in your promise of salvation that brings life everlasting. Father, I came from you and, like my savior Jesus, I will one day return to you. Amen

Job 26

O Thou, in all Thy might so far,
In all Thy love so near,
Beyond the range of sun and star,
And yet beside us hear.

From "OThou, In All Thy Might So Far" by Frederick L. Hosmer, 1876

8 comments:

Denise June 1, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

Amen, beautiful, and true.

Cinder Rail'lee June 1, 2009 at 7:17 AM  

Amen, so true. I have to remind myself he is in control. NOT me.


THANK YOU CHRIS!

Heather June 1, 2009 at 7:42 AM  

...and His peace doth fill my heart to overflowing! AMEN, Chris.

Perfectly put, of course :o)

Oh..I'm going to add a link to you from my photos blog - a simple must do!

RCUBEs June 1, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

"Father, bind me to your power and do not let me loose because it is your arm around me that holds me close and provides the rest I cannot find in my own wisdom. Keep me strong for your purposes. Remind me that this world was created by you and you are in control, that the evidence of your power is in your creation, that I can rest in your promise of salvation that brings life everlasting."
Amen! That part described what I was feeling after working this stressful weekend. It's true, I couldn't find rest on my own, but brought to Him, immediately, He gave me that peace I awfully needed so I could calm down. Glory to our Lord! Thank you for this prayer...God bless.

Anonymous,  June 1, 2009 at 9:07 AM  

Beautiful, beautiful prayer! I love that prayer! Have a blessed week!

Angela June 1, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

amen amen amen..oh what an amazing and powerful prayer...Thank you for pouring out your heart to our Father like this. I have made this my prayer also.

LisaShaw June 3, 2009 at 2:39 PM  

This says it all: " am not mighty or established, that I am what you allow me to be, that with your power you will return to right the wrongs of this world"

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP