And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Quit

Father, thank you for surrounding me with such a great cloud of witnesses. Help me to get rid of every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and run with endurance the race set out for me, keeping my eyes fixed on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of my faith. For the joy set out for him he endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken his seat at the right hand of your throne. Remind me of him who endured such opposition against himself by sinners, so that I may not grow weary in my soul and quit. Equip me with every good thing to do your will, working in me what is pleasing before you through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

Hebrews 12

Before us and beside us,
Still holden in Thine hand
A cloud unseen of witness,
Our elder comrades stand:
One family unbroken,
We join, with one acclaim,
One heart, one voice uplifting
To glorify Thy Name.

From "O Father, By Whose Servants" by George W. Briggs, 1920

11 comments:

RCUBEs,  June 2, 2009 at 6:45 AM  

Amen. What a great way to start my day praying to our Lord Almighty. God bless you...

Omah's Helping Hands June 2, 2009 at 6:59 AM  

Amen! Thank you Chris. Have a blessed week!

Cinder Rail'lee June 2, 2009 at 7:05 AM  

Beautiful prayer Chris, I look forward to them each day!

Dixie June 2, 2009 at 7:12 AM  

Beautiful prayer and beautiful poem from George Briggs.

Unknown June 2, 2009 at 7:28 AM  

You are my morning inspiration and daily reminder of how to live my day.

Veronica Lee June 2, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

Amen. Beautiful prayer and poem.

GottaLoveMom June 2, 2009 at 8:14 AM  

Amen. Thanks for the visit and such a beautiful prayer.
Have a great week!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. June 2, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

Thanks for the inspiration Chris! You help keep me focused.

MsTypo June 3, 2009 at 4:43 AM  

What a lovely poem and sentiment. :)

LisaShaw June 3, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

Beautiful prayer Chris. Your heart is connected to Christ.

Bless you.

Denise June 5, 2009 at 8:23 AM  

You have a beautiful heart.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP