And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Revelation

Father, my heart has seen your salvation that you have prepared, a light, for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to your people Israel. For I did not receive it or learn it from any human source; instead I received it by Jesus Christ. I pray that you, the Father of glory, may give me spiritual wisdom and revelation in my growing knowledge of you, since the eyes of my heart have been enlightened – so that I may know what is the hope of your calling, what is the wealth of your glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the incomparable greatness of your power toward us who believe, as displayed in the exercise of your immense strength. I was made rich in every way in you, in all my speech and in every kind of knowledge - just as the testimony about Christ has been confirmed around me – so that I do not lack any spiritual gift as I wait for the revelation of my Lord Jesus Christ. Now to you who are able to strengthen me according to your gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that had been kept secret for long ages, but now is disclosed, and through the prophetic scriptures has been made known to all the nations, according to your command , to bring about the obedience of faith – to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, be glory forever! Amen.

Galatians 1

Great things he hath taught us, great things he hath done,
and great our rejoicing thru Jesus the Son;
but purer, and higher, and greater will be
our wonder, our transport, when Jesus we see.

From "To God Be The Glory" by Fanny J. Crosby, 1875

8 comments:

rcubes June 3, 2009 at 6:32 AM  

What makes your prayer powerful is when you incorporate it with the Scriptures. Double the dose with a great quote on the bottom. Thank you for sharing always. Amen...God bless.

Grace June 3, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

Amen.
I love the hymns of Fanny Crosby. Very powerful words!

Angela June 5, 2009 at 4:44 AM  

amen amen amen

I LOVE how you use God's Word in prayer form...

Denise June 5, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

I love these prayers.

Unknown June 5, 2009 at 3:09 PM  

Isn't that a great song? I love that! Fanny's testimony is so powerful, isn't it?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP