And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Truth

Father, let your truth set me apart from the truth of man. Purify me with your words. Teach me to love truth and to hate injustice. Keep me from positioning myself against what is right. Do not let me sell out the truth for personal gain. Remind me that I cannot do work for you if I am not in line with the truth. Teach me to use the knowledge you give me for goodness, righteousness and truthfulness and remind me that the Spirit of knowledge lives within me forever. Remind me of the great responsibility of teaching your truth and that your truth does not breed lies. Teach me the truth of grace and mercy so that I can love others in the way you love me. Give me the courage to use my testimony of salvation to help others live according to the truth. Lord, your ways are perfect, there is not wickedness or perversion in your word. Protect me from the arrogance and pride of my nature to think I know anything about anything. Bring to me a truthful testimony, for I await your justice. Bring truth to the tip of my tongue and root out wickedness from my heart. Let the power of the moment wherein a lie shows gain last but a second, but let the truth endure forever. Remind me of your delight in me when I choose the truth over a lie. Father, make me your truthful witness. Amen

Truth

7 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee May 12, 2009 at 6:55 AM  

AMEN! Thank you for another beautiful prayer this morning Chris.

Have a BEAUTIFUL DAY!

RCUBEs May 12, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

Amen! What a great feeling it is to start the day with a great prayer. Thank you and God bless you bro. Chris!

Toia May 12, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

Amen. My prayer is not to be afraid of truth and realize that God's truth is here to set us free.

Have a bless day!!

Unknown May 12, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

Thank you for the daily words to live by.

Deare Diary May 12, 2009 at 5:44 PM  

Amen. Lord help me to always choose the truth over a lie.
judy

jel May 13, 2009 at 3:52 AM  

morning

have a great day!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP