And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Job

Father, remind me to be patient until my Lord’s return. Remind me of how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the ground and is patient for it until it receives the early and late rains. I also must be patient and strengthen my heart, for the Lord’s return is near. I will try not to grumble against others so that I may not be judged. For the judge stands before the gates! As an example of suffering and patience remind me of the prophets who spoke in the your name. I will think of how I regard as blessed those who have endured. I will remember Job’s endurance and will recognize your purpose, that you are full of compassion and mercy. May your name be blessed forevermore! Amen.

James 5

8 comments:

The Muse June 18, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

One of the hardest stories in the Bible for me to grasp, is the story of Job. I simply have to accept it in FAITH...for I know my weaknesses all too well. And I indeed would not be close to the tenacity Job displayed. So, yes..I pray for all the faith which humble Job, showed to all.
Amen

Denise June 18, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

Yes, to have the patience & faith of Job is what we all should pray for.

RCUBEs June 18, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

This is a great reminder as we go through all trials. Amen. God bless.

Anonymous,  June 18, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

lovely prayer! Makes me think a bit. Thanks and God bless you!

Cinder Rail'lee June 19, 2009 at 4:08 AM  

awesome prayer Chris! I definitely need more faith!

Omah's Helping Hands June 20, 2009 at 5:39 AM  

Amen! Thank you for this one Chris. The one above this one and this one is perfect timing. In God's ways you find peace of mind. Thank you and God Bless.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP