And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Noise

Father, you calm the raging seas and their roaring waves, as well as the commotion made by the nations. I shout out praises to you, and break out in a joyful song! I will enter your presence with thanksgiving! Now, I will not let this one thing escape my notice, that a single day is like a thousand years with you and a thousand years are like a single day. You are not slow concerning your promise, as I regard slowness, but you are being patient toward us, because you do not wish for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief; when it comes, the heavens will disappear with a horrific noise, and the celestial bodies will melt away in a blaze, and the earth and every deed done on it will be laid bare. Since all these things are to melt away in this manner, what sort of person must I be, conducting my life in holiness and godliness, while waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of my God? Because of this day, the heavens will be burned up and dissolve, and the celestial bodies will melt away in a blaze! But, according to your promise, I am waiting for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness truly resides. Help me to grow in the grace and knowledge of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the honor both now and on that eternal day. Amen

2 Peter 3

5 comments:

Denise June 23, 2009 at 5:31 AM  

Amen, thank you for this beautiful prayer.

Anonymous,  June 23, 2009 at 6:51 AM  

Okay this is by far one of my most favorite prayers you have written yet!! Thank you so much for this beautiful praise prayer to our King~!!!!! Have a blessed day!!!

Cinder Rail'lee June 23, 2009 at 7:00 AM  

I agree with SMiLE Jesus Loves you.

Chris this is awesome!

RCUBEs June 23, 2009 at 7:14 AM  

Amen! How powerful are your prayers because you use the Word! Not only are they praising the Lord but these are His wonderful promises that we can hold on to until He returns or while we wait. To God be the glory forever and ever! God bless.

Unknown June 23, 2009 at 7:22 AM  

Today, I pray for the Word to resonate to others in distress.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP