And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Grief

Father, when I collapse from grief, sustain me by your word! Remind me that even in laughter my heart may ache, and the end of joy may be grief. Teach me so that my decisions are not those of a foolish child who is a grief to my father, and bitterness to the mother who bore me. Though you cause me grief, you then have compassion on me according to the abundance of your loyal kindness. The grief I experienced was for my benefit. You delivered me from the pit of oblivion. For you removed all my sins from your sight. A thoroughfare is here called the Way of Holiness. I have been authorized to use it. No lions will be there, no ferocious wild animals will be on it – they will not be found there. I, delivered from bondage will travel on it, I, whom the Lord has ransomed will return that way. I will enter Zion with a happy shout. Unending joy will crown me, happiness and joy will overwhelm me; grief and suffering will disappear. Lord, for that day to come! Oh yes Lord, for that day to come! In Jesus name, Amen.

Psalm 119

7 comments:

Veronica Lee July 10, 2009 at 6:54 AM  

Amen. That was beautiful, Brother Chris.

Anonymous,  July 10, 2009 at 7:36 AM  

Amen Chris!

RCUBEs July 10, 2009 at 7:48 AM  

"I, delivered from bondage"...Amen!!! No more tears, no more pain in His place. Glory to God!

Just Be Real July 10, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

This is so timely, I needed this. Thank you and blessings.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP