And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Idleness

Father, remind me to keep away from any brother or sister who lives an undisciplined life. For I know myself how I must imitate my spiritual elders, because they did not behave without discipline around me. I see and hear that some around me are living an undisciplined life, not doing their own work but meddling in the work of others. I have been one of these people. But I must not grow weary in doing what is right. Remind me that the idle person is not my enemy and is still your child, deserving of all forgiveness in my Lord Jesus Christ. It is in that matchless name I petition my holy God. Amen.

2 Thessalonians 3

8 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee July 12, 2009 at 6:35 AM  

AMEN, Awesome prayer once again.

Angela July 12, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

Father, remind me to keep away from any brother or sister who lives an undisciplined life and Father I ask that You place a hedge of protection around me with brothers and sisters that are undisciplined in their lives, and that refuse to grow up in Christ (Ephesians 4:15). Father, You know my heart, You have heard my prayers, You know my hearts cry..save me oh Lord and I will be saved for You are the One I praise.amen amen amen

Robin July 12, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

Thank you for sharing your morning prayer and devotion with us, you have enough prayers collected to write a book. And Amen to your prayer...Good luck Chris on your gardening, if it was me that odd plant would in my mind be a weed, so it would have been plucked long ago! LOL I am posting my thought on here because your other blog is hard to comment on.

Robin

Karen July 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

I am claiming that promise: I ask according to HIS WILL and I know that he hears me. I am glad to find your blog. God bless you

Omah's Helping Hands July 14, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

Amen, and Amen! This is an awesome reminder Chris. Thank you for your great blessings by sharing these wonderful prayers. God Bless.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP