And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence

Father, remind me that it was my thirst for independence from you that brought about my sin nature. Let me be reminded that we, as your people, are not independent of each other because we all came from you. Remind me that my faith does not nullify the law but instead, upholds the law. Remove falsehood and lies far from me and do not give me poverty or riches, feed me with my allotted portion of bread, lest I become satisfied and act deceptively and say, “Who is the Lord?” Or lest I become poor and steal and demean the name of my God. Remind me of the importance in declaring the difference between the body of Christ and worldly religion. The Lord deserves praise forevermore! Amen.

Proverbs 30

7 comments:

Veronica Lee July 4, 2009 at 6:32 AM  

Amen and Happy 4th July, Brother Chris!

Cinder Rail'lee July 4, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

Amen! Happy 4th Chris to you and yours!

C. Beth July 4, 2009 at 7:06 AM  

I've been enjoying these prayers the last couple of days. Thanks, Chris.

LisaShaw July 4, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

Amen!

Making rounds to share this special day with everyone. Blessings!

Unknown July 4, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

He gave us freedom of choice, and I choose to glorify our Lord.

Happy Independence Day.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP